If you are interested in membership information for NIRI, or are already a member and wish to join NIRI DFW, you may contact NIRI DFW’s Vice-President, Membership, Mac Schmitz, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply to NIRI directly by clicking here. For the NIRI DFW NextGen application, click here.
About NIRI ‐ Founded in 1969, the National Investor Relations Institute (“NIRI”) is the professional association of corporate officers and investor relations (“IR”) consultants responsible for communication among corporate management, shareholders, securities analysts and other financial community constituents. The largest professional IR association in the world, NIRI’s more than 3,000 members represent over 2,000 publicly held companies and over $9 trillion in equity market capitalization.
NIRI’s Mission ‐ NIRI is dedicated to advancing the practice of IR and professional competency and stature of its members.
Advocacy ‐ NIRI represents the field of IR by expressing views on legislation and proposed regulations by maintaining close relationships with the SEC, appropriate committees of Congress, NASDAQ, NYSE, securities industry associations and public policy institutions.
- IR Update monthly magazine provides in‐depth coverage of matters important to IR professionals
- IR Weekly electronic newsletter updates members on the latest IR related news and events
- Executive Alert releases impart breaking news on regulatory, compliance, and other timely issues
- NIRI.org is home to valuable content including publications and a comprehensive resource library
- containing applicable news on regulations, corporate governance and more
- Presentation and Report Library on topics including AGMs, social media, IPO processes and more
- Sample Document Library resources constitute templates, plans, and policies for use by IROs
- The Career Center is a key resource where members can search for and post job listings and resumes
NIRI Professional Development
- Educational programs include seminars and on‐demand coursework led by IR experts
- Member benefit webinars on current topics, archived and available online 24/7 at no cost to members
- IR Certification will validate job function knowledge through globally recognized certification standards
- The NIRI Annual Conference, the most comprehensive IR event, delivers quality education, renowned speakers, and great networking opportunities
- The NIRI Annual Southwest Regional Conference, co‐hosted by the NIRI DFW and NIRI Houston presents education and networking opportunities more geared to the Southwest region
NIRI DFW and NIRI National
- NIRI DFW, founded in 1975, is one of the oldest and largest chapters in the country representing more than 100 public companies with over 100 IR professionals and service providers
- Education and Programs to all DFW NIRI members, including monthly meetings and timely educational seminars featuring experts on current issues affecting publicly traded companies and the IR profession
- NIRI DFW networking sessions and happy hours, offered as a supplement to regularly scheduled NIRI meetings, offer participants the chance to catch up with peers, network and discuss relevant IR topics
- eGroups members‐only forums enabling members to share ideas on IR issues and best practices
- Online Membership Directory provides members an easy way to connect by industry and location
- The NIRI Ethics Council provides confidential advice and recommendations to maintain high ethical standards within the IR community
To join, individuals should access the membership application on NIRI National website at www.niri.org/membership. From that location, individuals may join NIRI National and NIRI DFW. You must be a member of NIRI National to be eligible for local chapter membership.
NIRI DFW dues entitle you to attend all NIRI DFW professional development events and NIRI DFW social events. The annual membership dues of $200 include the fees associated with all professional development meeting costs and happy hours. (Special events such as NIRI Southwest Regional Conference and the Professional Development Day excluded.)
NIRI DFW dues are payable to our national organization with your annual dues. NIRI National annual dues are $625, and there is also a one-time $50 application fee for new members. Both memberships must be renewed annually in order to maintain membership in good standing.